handbook, remote-manifesto, … )
Gitlab Open *
- Gitlab Open Community (community heros, meetups …)
- Gitlab is developed by Gitlab in Gitlab
Gitlab CI/CD can do this ?!
2 mins for concepts!
Rules and Conditions
- How can we control pipeline and job creation ?
except are the old way
rules is the better way
- Running jobs on merge requests
- Running jobs on special events
- Monorepos (
- Gitflow !
- YAML anchors
- Generic jobs
- Centralized configuration
- How it works ?!
- Keys and paths
- Cache policy
- Multiple caches
- Caching dependencies
- Caching things that won’t change
- Caching everything (
Images and services
- Gitlab runners with docker executor
- Images should be the smallest
- Services !!
- Clean jobs
- Dependencies included
- Integration testing
- By default jobs depends on all the jobs in the previous stage
- Fine grained control job dependency.
- Optional dependencies
- Huge pipelines
- Jobs running on specific branches (optional)
- Releases can be created manually from the UI.
- gitlab-release-cli comes to the rescue.
- The release tag make things very easy.
- Releases are crucial for every project.
A lot more!
A lot more!
- Kubernetes integration
Let’s be friends! 🤗